Web browser functionality can be extended by installing browser extensions. The StrongPass browser extension is used to log into web sites or change your password with the StrongPass App.
The extension displays the Authomate icon in the browser toolbar when it detects a web page that can be used with StrongPass. StrongPass browser extensions are available for Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox and they work on OSX and Windows platforms.
Specifically, the Authomate Browser Extension does the following:
- Detect login and change password screens
- Present the Authomate icon to the user to allow them to initiate a login
- Present the data to the app via either QR code or Bluetooth Proximity
- Populate the login or change password screens
- Initiate the login automatically, after populating the credentials
Supported Browser Versions
The Authomate Extension are supported in the following browsers:
- Chrome versions 52 and up.
- Firefox versions 52 and up.
- Internet Explorer version 11.
- Edge version 80 and up.
- Safari version 14 and up.
How To Get And Install Browser Extensions
Windows: Download and install browser extensions using the StrongPass Components Installer for Windows
Mac: Download and install browser extensions using the StrongPass Components Installer for Mac OS X
The browser extension for Safari can also be obtained from the App Store.