With StrongPass Mac Logon, you can log into your account on a Mac computer by scanning a QR code at the logon desktop with your StrongPass Teams App. If your phone and computer support Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy), you can use StrongPass Proximity instead of scanning a QR Code.
StrongPass Mac Logon is included with the Authomate StrongPass Components available for download here. Once installed follow the simple steps below:
Mac Logon Setup
1) If you did not change the Import password checkbox during the installation of the StrongPass Components (it is checked by default), your Mac computer credentials will automatically be imported to your StrongPass App.
2) Look for the notification icon on your App. If you don't see it, click the lock icon to lock the App, then unlock it and you should see the notification icon. Click the notification icon to view the import message. You can click on the Computers icon to view the Mac computer account that was added.
3) When your Mac is locked, it will present the Mac Logon pop-up. Open your StrongPass App and scan the QR Code to log in, or if you have more than one user on your Mac, you can switch users by clicking on the button, then scan the QR Code.
Switch User example:
4) If your phone and computer support Bluetooth 4.0, a prompt will ask if you would like to use Proximity to log into this computer. If you answer Yes, the computer will be added to the list of Trusted Devices in the App and for future logins you can use Bluetooth to log in instead of scanning a QR Code. If you answer No, this computer will be marked as Blocked in the Trusted Devices list and you will need to scan QR Codes to log in. You can view or modify the list of trusted and blocked devices by clicking on the Trusted Devices icon in the App.
5) If your login credentials were imported during installation, Mac Logon will now automatically log you in. If your credentials were not imported during installation, you will be prompted to add them to the App. Select "Add New".
6) Enter your account login and password. You can clear the auto-generated strong password by clicking the "X" in the password field. When you are done, click the "Next" button on iOS or "Save" button on Android. If you finish adding the account within 60 seconds, Mac Logon will automatically log you in. Otherwise, if the pop-up has timed out, click on the pop-up to retry.
Log Into Your Mac
1) After you have added your login credentials to the App, you can log into your Mac with StrongPass. When you start your computer, or lock the screen, the Mac Logon pop-up will be displayed. If you have more than one user on your Mac, you can switch users by clicking on the button.
2) Open your StrongPass App. If Proximity is configured, a prompt will be displayed to confirm the account credentials. Click "Yes" to confirm. If you are not using Proximity, scan the QR Code and Mac Logon will automatically log you in. You have 60 seconds to log in with StrongPass. If the pop-up has timed out, click on the pop-up to retry.