Authomate provides easy to use utilities to import your existing user names and passwords into your StrongPass App. For your security, imported credentials are encrypted before being transferred from your computer to the App. Your credentials will be decrypted and imported into your App the next time you log in, or within a few minutes if you are already logged in.
Import from Browser (Mac)
1) Go to the Authomate folder under Applications and double click on StrongPassSetup.app to run the Import Utility.
2) The Import Utility will display a QR Code as shown below. Open the StrongPass App on your phone. If you have previously paired your App with this computer, a Proximity request will automatically be displayed on your App to log into authomate.com. If you do not see this request, press the Scan button on your App and scan the QR code.
3) Next you will be prompted for your Mac password. If you have already imported your Mac password into your App you can skip this step, otherwise enter your Mac password.
4) The import utility will check installed browsers for any saved passwords and display a series of screens to ask if you would like to import the accounts from each browser. Some browsers will require you to enter your password to provide access to your saved accounts. If AppConnect is installed, you will get a pop-up prompting you to populate the password via the App. You can choose to Import or Skip. Click next to continue and click on Import to import the accounts from Chrome.
5) Next you may be prompted for your mac password to allow StrongPass to access your "Chrome Safe Storage" in Keychain. If you have AppConnect installed and you have already imported your Mac password into your App, you will get a pop-up prompting you to populate the password via the App.
6) After all of your browsers have been processed, a completion window will be displayed. If your StrongPass App is open, you will see a notification in the upper left corner in a few minutes when the accounts have been received by the App. You can also lock and unlock your App to see them right away.
Reviewing Import Summary Details
To see the details of the import, log into your Authomate website account from the sign in page and display the Activity Log.
Click on Show Details to see the status of all of the accounts that were imported.
The details summary includes color coded icons to help you review the status of each account. The icons are described below.
|New: A new account was added to an existing site, or a new site plus account was added.
|Failed: Import can fail if an account field is missing.
|Updated: Imported account field values are different and an existing account on the App has been updated with new values.
|Same: Imported account field values are the same as an existing account on the App.
|Ignored: Imported account field values are different but user has selected not to replace existing accounts. Imported accounts will also be ignored if it includes a 2FA token, or if it is a Computer or Application account and that feature is not enabled for your team.