If your smartphone is lost or stolen, the steps below allow you to recover your credentials.
You will need the following to restore the credentials from your old phone to your new phone:
- Your login ID and password for the Authomate website.
- The recovery key email sent when you registered your old phone.
- The passcode used to unlock the StrongPass App on your old phone.
- Your new phone with the StrongPass App installed.
1) Log into your Authomate website account from the sign in page using your Authomate login ID and password.
2) Lock your old or lost device as described here.
3) To register your new StongPass Personal device go directly to step 6B.
4) To register your new StrongPass Teams device, bring up the action menu and select the ADD/REPLACE DEVICE menu item.
5) A QRCode is presented. Launch the app installed from the prerequisites above and you will be presented with the Scan Now Button. Click on the “Scan Now” button on the App to scan the QRCode.
6A) To register your new StrongPass Teams device, you need to enter your Authomate password and click on NEXT to continue.
6B) To register your new StrongPass Personal device, launch the downloaded app. If you have an Android device, press the "ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE" button. If you have an IOS device you need press on the "ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT" button. On the "REGISTER DEVICE" screen. Enter your Authomate website login ID and password and click on NEXT to continue.
7) This screen discusses the gesture/passcode needed to unlock StrongPass App. Click NEXT and select the passcode/gesture you will use to unlock the StrongPass App. You can re-use the same passcode you had on your old phone, or select a new one. Once you Confirm your passcode/gesture this will complete the replacement device registration. The StrongPass app will prompt you to scan your recovery key or discard your backup. If you select Discard Backup you will NOT have the opportunity to restore your accounts using your original restore key. Tap on Scan Recovery Key to restore your accounts. Bring up the original Recovery Key and scan it to restore your credentials and settings discussed in the prerequisite section above.
8) When the Recovery key is scanned, the StrongPass App will prompt you to enter a passcode/gesture. Use the passcode/gesture of the old (locked) device. The App will restore the accounts and settings from the last backup of your old device to your newly registered device.
9) Your StrongPass app has been restored to its original state and is now ready for use.
10) The last step is to delete your old device from the web portal. Log into your Authomate website account from the sign in page using your Authomate login ID and password. Once you are logged in, select the device that is locked and then bring up the action menu and select the "DELETE" menu item as shown below.